8:00am-4:30pm | Monday-Friday
The Water Works and Sewer Board of Heflin was incorporated in 1951 and is managed by five Board Members appointed by the Heflin City Council. Regular monthly meeting of the Board is held on the second Monday of each month at the business office located in the Heflin Water and Sewer Board Office at 1219 Almon Street Suite F.
Operating under permit by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management, the Water Works and Sewer Board of Heflin acquires drinking water from two sources. The primary source is a surface water treatment plant located on Mountain Street. Water is taken from the Cahulga Creek Reservoir. The drainage basin for the reservoir consists primarily of woodlands and forests providing the Heflin Water Treatment Plant with an excellent and reliable water source. Approximately 1,450 customers are served from this source.
THIS SITE IS FOR HEFLIN WATER WORKS & SEWER BOARD CUSTOMERS ONLY
MORE WAYS TO PAY YOUR BILL!
WATER TIPS & FACTS
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Do not leave water running when shaving or brushing your teeth.
Kitchen & Laundry
- Do not leave water running when rinsing dishes.
- Run only full loads when using a dishwasher.
- In the summer, water your garden and lawn during the coolest part of the day.
- Adjust the automatic sprinklers with the seasons.
- Brushing your teeth uses approximately 10 gallons of water.
- Tub bath uses approximately 36 gallons of water.
Kitchen & Laundry Facts
- Dish washing uses approximately 30 gallons of water (tap running).
- Automatic dishwasher uses approximately 16 gallons of water per cycle.
- Washing your hands uses approximately 2 gallons of water.
- A normal washing machine cycle uses 60 gallons of water.
SEND US A MESSAGE
For non-emergencies and general inquiries, please fill out the form. We’ll respond as soon as possible.